No. Rural Development is a Private Company established and wholly owned by the State and is called a State Enterprise.

The Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government.

Manage the implementation of projects assigned to the Company by the Line Ministry or other Client Ministry. This includes designing the project, inviting tenders, awarding a contract and supervising the construction to ensure quality, quantity and timeliness.

Residents should write to their Councillor, Member of Parliament and Municipal Corporation informing of their issues and making any specific request. The Ministry or Municipal Corporation will include in their development programme as ad-hoc or for the next year(s) for implementation.

Although requests for infrastructure projects can be submitted to Rural Development Company directly, the requests will be submitted to the Municipal Corporation and the Ministry of Rural Development and Local Government for consideration for inclusion in their development programs. Rural Development Company is not authorized to implement any development project on its own.

You can email your complaint to the Company at ruraldev@gov.tt which will be investigated and a report and corrective action taken.

We’d like to help and talk with you

Let us know if you have any other questions about us.

Where is Rural Development Company located?

Rural Development Company is located at Factory Road, Brechin Castle, Caroni, Trinidad

Contact Us
What are the working hours of Rural Development Company?

Rural Development Company’s office hours are as follows: Monday to Friday – 8:00am to 4:30pm

Contact Us
How can I contact Rural Development Company?

You can contact us via phone, fax or e-mail. Tel 636-8556 / 636-8308 / 636-5484 / 679-8838 Fax : 679-3296; ruraldev@gov.tt

Contact Us

Rural Development Company of Trinidad & Tobago.